If you are a AAA member, chances are you have received this “Exclusive Members Only Group Term Life Insurance” application & information packet in your mailbox – at least once, if not once a month.
Perhaps it met with a quick end in your recycling bin. Or-if shopping for life insurance has been on your “TO DO” list- maybe it caught your eye and you kept it around to review later.
As a AAA member myself, I have accumulated several copies of my own. As an independent life insurance broker, I can offer a unique perspective regarding the offer itself, the eligibility details, and the corresponding policy premiums.
I would be happy to review the details with you over the phone. Call (888) 681-4952. You can also obtain personalized life insurance quotes using the quote box on this website and see all the top rated companies in the life insurance market.
THE ADVANTAGES OF BUYING THIS POLICY
- The application is easy to complete and a postage paid envelope is provided to mail it back.
- Only have to answer “NO” on 3 health questions & have no red flags on other information you give AAA permission to obtain.
- No medical exam or lab tests.
- Quick approval.
- As long as your surviving spouse is a AAA member when you die, he or she will receive a free basic/classic lifetime AAA membership for life.
THE DISADVANTAGES OF BUYING THIS POLICY
- Premiums increase every 5 years. Other leading life insurance companies offer policies that will guarantee the premiums not to increase for 10, 15, 20, 25, & 30 years or even for the rest of your life.
- Premiums are more expensive then a fully underwritten policies from other life insurance companies. For example, a male age 40, excellent health, can get a fully underwritten, $100,000 10 year term policy from a leading life insurance company for $8.78/month x 12 months x 10 years = $1,053.60 total cost. The AAA Exclusive Members Only Group Term Life Insurance is $18/month x 12 months x 5 years PLUS $27/month x 12 months x 5 years = $2,700.00 total cost. The AAA Exclusive Members Only Group Term Life Insurance is $1,646.40 MORE EXPENSIVE in total cost.
- Limited benefit amounts. The AAA Exclusive Members Only Group Term Life Insurance only offers $50,000, $100,000, $200.000 or $300,000 of coverage. There are no other options. Other leading companies will customize the coverage amount to what ever you want or need and will not limit the amounts you can buy.
- The AAA Exclusive Members Only Group Term Life Insurance expires at age 80. This might be when you need it the most. Other leading life insurance companies offer policies that expire at age 90, 95, 100, or even older!
Summary of Benefits – AAA Exclusive Members Only Group Term Life Insurance
- Guaranteed Renewal
Only you can discontinue this insurance once you are covered. As long as the Group Master Policy stays in effect and the premiums are paid when due, you can never be singled out for cancellation no matter what happens to your health. You can renew this coverage up to age 80, for as long as you choose, even if your health deteriorates.
- Guaranteed Level Benefit
The benefit amount you choose will never go down, regardless of any change in your health.
- Guaranteed Payment With A Covered Claim
Your beneficiaries will get the benefit amount you selected for a covered loss with no waiting periods or partial payments. Once in effect, you are covered.
- Guaranteed Spouse Eligibility
Your spouse, age 18-74, is guaranteed to be eligible to apply even if you don’t apply and even if they are not a AAA member. The definition of spouse includes Registered Domestic Partner, Civil Union Partner, or party to a domestic partnership between two adults, as recognized by state law.
Your AAA Exclusive Members Only Group Term Life Insurance allows you to collect benefits while you’re alive thru the “Accelerated Death Benefit”. This means if you’re ever diagnosed with a terminal illness, and death is anticipated within 12 months or less, you can get up to half of your benefits early to help with expenses.
At any time before you turn 65, you can convert your Exclusive Members Only Group Term Life Insurance coverage to a permanent life insurance policy from AAA. Conversion is guaranteed regardless of your health at the time.
HOW MUCH ARE THE PREMIUMS?
- You must be a AAA member ages 18-74 to purchase. The policy can be renewed until it expires at age 80.
- There are 4 Benefit Amounts to choose from. $50,000, $100,000, $200,000, & $300,000.
- There are different monthly premiums for nicotine vs. non-nicotine users.
- The premiums are banded into age brackets. Ages 18 to 34 the premium stays the same. At age 34 the premiums start to increase and will increase every 5 years until the policy expires at age 80. Although you cannot be singled out for a rate increase, the premiums are NOT guaranteed. Your premiums may change only if they are changed for all other insureds with the same age, gender, nicotine use, coverage amount, and year of issue.
- Premiums payments can be made from a checking account or credit card. A $3 charge will be added to your premium if you wish to receive a monthly bill.
HOW TO APPLY – The Application
The one page application has 5 steps.
Step 1. Member Information & Spouse Information – if applying.
- Home Address
- Phone #
- Email Address
- Beneficiary Name
- Beneficiary Relationship
- Amount of Coverage Desired
- In the last 12 months, have you used nicotine in any form? Yes or NO
- Date of Birth (Must be 18-74 to apply)
- Height & Weight
Step 2. Provide Payment Method
- Deduct payment from checking account each month. Will need to provide account & routing number as well as a copy of a voided check.
- Charge payment to a credit/debit card each month. Visa, MasterCard Discover and AmEx accepted. Need to provide card number, expiration date, and the name as it appears on the account or card.
Step 3. Statement of Health
Each of the following questions are answered by checking the box yes or no.
- In the past 12 months, have you been admitted to a hospital or had diagnostic testing performed or recommended by a doctor for an diagnosed condition?
- In the past three years, have you been treated OR diagnosed by a doctor as having heart trouble, cancer, stroke, lung disease, liver disease, kidney disease, AIDS, lupus, diabetes treated with insulin, ALS, or dementia?
- In the past three years, have you been confined to a nursing home, or special treatment facility OR convicted of a felony or driving under the influence?
Step 4. Other Insurance
Yes or No. Is there insurance applied for intended to replace, discontinue, or change any existing insurance or annuity?
Step 5. Read, Sign, and Date
- All answers in the application are, to the best of my knowledge and belief, true. I understand the answers will be used to determine if coverage will be issued, and the application will be part of the Certificate of Insurance.
- In accordance with its incontestability provision, if I misstate any of the information on this application, the Certificate my be voidable for 24 months from the effective date by AAA Life Insurance Company.
- I authorize the Company to use the payment method I indicated on this application. This authorization will remain in effect until I notify the Company in writing to cancel it.
- Coverage will take effect on the Effective Date shown on the Certificate, provided the first premium has been paid and there has been no change in my health since the date of the application. If my health changes prior to the Effective Date of the Certificate, I must promptly inform the Company in writing.
- I authorize any licensed physician, medical practitioner, hospital, clinic, pharmacy, pharmacy benefit manager or other medical relate facility, consumer reporting agency, insurance company, or other organization that has any records or knowledge of my medical or prescription history, credit attributes, public records, driving record, or social security number, to give any such information to the Company, its re-insurers or any entity retained by the Company to collect and transmit such information.
- The company will not use or disclose medical information for any purpose other than stated above except as may be required or permitted by law. Such medical information may be subject to re-disclosure and may no longer be protected by federal privacy regulation.
- The authorization shall be valid for 24 months from the date signed. I understand I or my representative have a right to a copy of this authorization.
- I may revoke this authorization at any time by writing to the Company, and if I do, the Company may decline my application.
Still Have Questions? Call (888) 681-4952.
Why You Should Buy Your Life Insurance On This Website
- Save money – Get the lowest cost possible for your life insurance from the best top rated companies in the market.
- No pressure sales tactics – You can decide to buy life insurance or not with out getting hassled!
- Save time-Instant online life insurance quotes from ALL the top rated life insurance companies.
- Superior Service– The attention to detail your application deserves when it comes to shopping life insurance companies for the best possible price. This is especially true if you have health conditions or if you have certain hobbies or habits.
- Very fast and convenient online application process – the quickest approval possible
- Licensed since 1992 – State license number provided upon request.
Other informative links…